I have a quick dinner recap for y'all, before gettin' into the groceries. Yay! Maybe I'm just a dork this way, but when my mom walks into the house and yells (in a polite tone, don't worry) "Girls! Come help unload!" I get SUPER excited. New groceries = new foods to try out! My mom is like me in the way that she's super into finding healthy and fun foods to try from the store. People do always talk about how similar we are. Hm...
For dinner this evening, my mom put to use some of the groceries from Trader Joe's.
Our meal consisted of Mushroom and Black Truffle Flat bread, Artisan Bread with Butter, and....
Organic Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup. It hit the spot!
I also ate a banana for a dessert/extra punch of fruit.
After dinner, my mom and I took Bentley out for a 3 mile night walk around the neighborhood. Trust me, the poor pup is pooped! (Alliteration, anyone? Oops, I think I've sat through one too many English classes...)
Haulin' the Groceries
As written earlier, my mom did some shopping at Trader Joe's today, and brought home quite the loot! I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's and get excited every time she shops there.
In the Cart Was:
- 1 bag of Navel Oranges
- 2 bags of Organic Broccoli Florets
- 2 bags of Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 carton of Organic Orange Juice
- 1 carton of 1% Organic Milk
- 2 loaves of Multi-Grain Demi-Baguette Bread
- 2 Mushroom and Black Truffle Flat breads
- 4 cans of Solid White Tuna
- 1 jar of Organic Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 container of Dark Chocolate Almonds
- 1 box of Organic Mini Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 loaf of Artisan Bread
- 3 bags of Dark Chocolate Covered Powerberries
- 1 small box Dark Chocolate Covered Marshmallows (ooh...)
- 1 bunch of Bananas
- 1 loaf 100% Whole Wheat Fiber Multi-grain Bread
- 3 cartons Organic Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 2 cartons Butternut Squash Soup
- 3 small cartons Beef Barely Soup with Veggies
Quite the fun little trip! As you can tell, there are a few items that we have to buy quite a bit of, like the Powerberries, and cartons of soup. We are a family of 5 after all. A couple of these items are new to me, so I'll be sure to let you know how I like them! I can safely tell you that the Organic Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup is good, however I think it has a hint of carrot in it, and I added my own Mrs. Dash to kick up the spice. Also, the Mushroom and Black Truffle Flat bread is delicious, along with the Artisan Bread. I'm starting to eye those marshmallows...hm.... ;)
-What are your favorite Trader Joe's foods?
-What are your grocery staples?
-What grocery store is your favorite?