Yay, it's Hump Day! We're almost there! Friday, here I come :)
Okay, so sadly, my spring break plans may have changed to still being in town. (not FOR SURE, but most likely.) If you are still lined up to guest post and are still interested, then I'd still LOVE to have you post!
So, a BIG THANK YOU to Miranda for her fabulous guest post yesterday. She was sooooo easy going with me, even when I was having some technical difficulties, and couldn't get her post up until the evening, which I seriously appreciate. I know I wouldn't be that calm if that happened to my guest post. Heck, I'd probably be rollin' around on the floor waiting! Thanks, Miranda :)
I feel like I haven't really been able to talk to y'all lately! Does it feel like it's been a while? I guess it hasn't, seeing as I posted my Cheer Inspired Workout on Monday, but I feel so distant! Hopefully, when cheer tryouts end on Friday, we'll be able to chat a bit more.
Speaking of cheer tryouts, so far so good! All this week (plus last Friday!) we've had a "tryout clinic", where basically all the girls trying out can go and learn the dance/cheer/chants/jumps together as a group, before performing it solo on Friday afternoon at the actual tryouts. I had to miss the clinic both on Friday and Monday ( due to the modeling thing, and Les Mis rehearsal), so I ended up learning most of the dance etc. from YouTube videos our captains had posted.
I went in yesterday for the first time, and surprisingly, was at the exact same pace/level as the rest of the girls. I guess I didn't miss anything! Yay!
Hydrate, Hydrate Hydrate!
(Does this remind you of the movie, Minor Details? I may be the only one whose heard of this movie, seeing as it DID NOT do too well, (it was an AWFUL teen chick flick) but there's a certain scene where the soccer coach says, "Hydrate. hydrate, hydrate!")
Water is super-important, simple as that. I became a big time water drinker around the time when I was in Music Man, and realized just how helpful water was in the combat against sore throats. I've been a dedicated sipper ever since!
But seriously, one of these? Yeah, it goes with me everywhere.
I truly don't even know how much water I drink anymore. Some days (especially in the summer, during 2-a-days, I'm SCARFING it down), I'm super thirsty, and I drink about 4-6 of those cups up there (they hold three 8oz. cups), and some days, I'm lucky if I make it to eight 8 oz. cups.
What I'm pretty sure happened at the cheer clinic, was that I had drank probably about 1 of my big cups (three 8oz. cups) for the whole day, and since I normally drink so much more water, my body wasn't used to the smaller amount, and wanted WAY more.
Tips for the Daily 8
I feel like some of us have trouble with getting in our Daily 8, so here's a few tips I've thrown together, that I know help me make sure I stay hydrated.
1. Right before you go to bed, DRINK WATER. Now, this tip may be a problem for those of you who aren't great with drinking a lot of liquid before bed time, but if you aren't, then this is for you! I keep a separate large tumbler cup (holding three 8oz. cups) in my bedroom at all times, and make sure that I drink at least half of it before I go to bed.
2. As soon as you wake up, DRINK WATER. Similar to the last tip, drinking water as soon as you wake up is super important too. You're body has just come out of resting for (hopefully!) EIGHT HOURS. Meaning, you've gone a third of a day without drinking anything! Go ahead and finish out the leftover water from the night before, and you'll feel refreshed and ready to start the day!
3. Carry water around with you. Okay, this is my favorite tip. I'm one of those people who is constantly walking to class holding a water bottle or my pink cup up there. Haha, it's like a security blanket, or something! But really, when you are constantly carrying water around with you, you will drink it. It just happens.
4. Have a water schedule. I know this works for some people, especially those just starting with adequate water drinking, so it may be beneficial to you as well! Having a schedule to drink your water can really help in making sure that you are constantly hydrated. For example, and it may help to write this down at first, if you can get into your head "okay, I need to have had 2 cups by 11am, another 2 by 1:30, 2 more by 3:30, 2 more by 5:30, etc." Then you will have MORE than enough water by the end of the day.
5. Every time you drink a beverage that isn't water, follow it up with some water afterwards. This tip especially applies to alcohol and caffeine, which have scientifically proven to dehydrate the body. I'm no physician, but I would really suggest after having a drink, or a cup of coffee, waiting and drinking the same amount of water before enjoying anymore.
So there you have it! Stay hydrated, friends!
-What are your tips for staying hydrated?
- Do you have a specific cup that you carry around with you?